Sunday, September 1, 2013

08.30.13- Cycle Day 2

CD 2

Temperature: Not Taken

Taking: Multivitamin
5MTHF
Dexamethasone 
Clomid
Vitamin C
L-Argenine

Cervix is low and soft for shark week. Puffiness is because of suctioning of cervical cup.


Note how light the bleeding is... A friend gave birth on Wednesday or something like that and I absconded with her placenta that evening with the promise of pilled versions to come out of my kitchen. I got time to work on it Friday, and so, during the evening, I prepped the placenta.


Blotting... The paint is there so I could print it with non-toxic paint for her before I destroyed its integrity.


Sorry for the quality, Matt took the pictures and he's horrible at it.


Close up of fetal side of placenta.


Right before I started to hack it up I cut the cord off and it started bleeding all over my kitchen so I had to put it in the sink. >.>

Why is this relevant: my bleeding. My kitchen smelled like human placenta and my body recognized the smell. It was confused. I hadn't given birth, why was I smelling placenta? But, it was shark week so my body decided that it must have gotten something wrong and I HAD actually given birth.

Cramping started about 5 minutes in to rinsing the placenta. I filled up my damned diva cup FOUR times during the hour and a half that I worked on this thing. FOUR times. 

Cramps were like after birth cramps. My stupid body thought I was post partum because of placenta smell and started to gush at the rate of a post partum period. So, today was already light because my body did in an hour what it usually takes 4 days to completely finish.


Moral of the story: don't prepare placentas while on a period. 

Or do, if you want to get it over with quickly and don't mind the cramping. I told my other heavily pregnant friend she isn't allowed to give birth for another 27-8 days so when I prep hers I can have a quick period again. She told me that I just need to stop the onslaught of monthly blood gushing but really, at this point we all kind of know how much of a reality that is not. 

No comments:

Post a Comment