Friday, April 19, 2013

23andme MTHFR

One of my searches into my infertility led me to the suspicion that I might have MTHFR. I did a 23andme.com kit and got my results back a few days ago.

For those that do not know, 23andme is a genotyping test that screens your DNA for about a million different genetic issues. MTHFR is one of those issues.


The kit took about 7 weeks to complete after it was received by the lab.

I am positive compound heterozygous for MTHFR, which you will not be surprised to find has the highest rate of miscarriage for any of the combinations of the mutation.
For those interested, my results are included in this post.

What does this mean for me? I will have to get new supplements of the already processed form of Folate/Folic Acid and take that instead of Folic Acid. That should stop the majority of my losses. We hope.

Good to have at least one answer.















No comments:

Post a Comment