Thursday, March 13, 2014

19 Weeks!

19w0d Completed

20th Week of Pregnancy

Fundal Height: So I was gone to a midwifery skills lab this week (cause of the whole going to school for baby catching thing) and apparently I'm self measuring all wrong because I can't see the tape very well. So I'm having man-thing measure for me. I didn't measure until 19+3 and he measured me at 24 with bladder empty.

Fetal Heart Tone: 150-160 still. I actually think I may be getting two PMI's (points of maximum intensity-- where the heart is heard clearly and loudly at two points in the uterus) that may correlate with two hard lumps that could potentially be two backs. But I don't know, so I'll wait to draw any conclusive judgements as of yet.

Fetal Position: Everywhere. A lot of people palpated me experimentally last week and the most common thing said was "I can't feel anything distinct-- I don't know what's happening in there."

Symptoms noted in the past week:
Heartburn
Food aversions
Pelvic pain
Vomiting

Belly!
(I didn't take one of 19w0d because I was on planes all day <and standby--shudder> so you can have the closest pictures after that of 18w5d in my pajamas and 18w6d from the front. Yay me.)



Last week: neurons are forming pathways for senses. Fetus can hear me talk and moves when it hears people it likes (or people that startle it, like small children). It is developing a waxy coating called vernix that will protect it while it develops a stronger skin in there.

This week: vernix should have completely coated fetuses little body. It's senses are now going to let it experience life and possibly retain memories, though it won't start dreaming until about 28 weeks. I should start to feel hiccups. Everyone else's baby will start to grow hair at this point-- like, on their heads-- except mine. Don't count on mine having any hair. 

No comments:

Post a Comment