Tuesday, January 28, 2014

13 Weeks!

13w0d Completed
14th Week of Pregnancy

Fundal Height: Uterus is lazy and remains retroverted. When I lay down I can feel the fundus just at the pubic bone as last week but when I check vaginally I can feel the uterus filling out the pubic bone and the cervix is crammed up under my pelvic bone. Looks like this:
Probably to the first dotted line. Idk. I'm guessing.

Fetal Heart Tone: Not detectable on fetoscope. Will attempt a few times next week. As uterus is anterior it might not be      
Heard until much later.

Fetal Position: All over the place, I think.

Symptoms noted in the past week:

Increased Sense of Smell
Exhaustion (letting up slightly)
Nausea (at night mostly vomiting)
Irritability
Breast changes
Terrible migrane

Belly!


Last week: Sometime last week I transitioned over to the second trimester. Yay! Fetus head grew to about 1/3 the size of the body (or, rather, the body grew to fit the head). It's placenta is mostly controlling nutrient and growth and works to grow and keep up with its fetusy-self. It has vocal cords and started teeth production and stuff. Weeee.

This week: Fetus will grow to like 4-5 inches or so this week. It will have distinct genitalia (not visible usually on most ultrasound) and it's working on expressions (eee). It's kidneys are functional and producing urea. 

No comments:

Post a Comment